Below are the current vacancies at Scott & Fyfe. If you would like to apply then simply send your CV, salary expectations and covering letter to email@example.com.
Scott & Fyfe is an employee owned international materials Technology Company supplying a range of technical textile products to various industries including Composites, CIPP, Irrigation, Flooring and Abrasives across the globe. We are a very dynamic business with a strong commitment to innovation and product development.
Shift Team Leader Salary: £ tba - Scott & Fyfe offer a first class employment package including Contributory Pension and Life Assurance Scheme, Sickness Payment Scheme and generous holiday entitlement
TITLE OF POST: Shift Team Leader
RESPONSIBLE TO: Operations Director
LOCATION: Tayport Works
HOURS OF DUTY: 40 hours per week worked Monday to Friday on a shift rotation. (You will however be expected to work such hours as are necessary in order to fulfil the terms of this position
Working closely with all team members to lead manufacturing activities in line with Lean principles and departmental and business objectives, with a strong emphasis on Health & Safety, Quality, Productivity and waste reduction. Responsible for achievement of production, quality, compliance, cost and safety standards for assigned manufacturing areas
Health & Safety:
· Ensure Health & Safety policy and safe working practices are maintained at all times.
· Ensure that you and your team comply fully with all Health & Safety requirements
· Ensure that safe working practices are followed in full at all times.
· Ensure that company and statutory safety requirements are complied with in full at all times.
· Ensure environmental awareness and compliance in full at all times.
· Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures.
· Plan production activities, manage raw material inventories and daily despatches.
· Ensure excellent customer service and delivery schedules are satisfied.
· Supervise assigned areas daily to achieve agreed goals.
· Hire, train, evaluate, motivate and develop team members.
· Monitor and adjust production schedules to optimize throughput and customer service.
· Participate in the development of operating budgets
· Assist in the planning and delivery of training and cross-training
· Drive S-Tag development and adherence
· Ensure materials are supplied to Process on a just-in-time basis
· Arrange and support Tier 1 and Tier 2 meetings
· Deliver excellent results in disciplinary management, absence and lateness management
· Report and track Daily Production Results
· Coordinate Upstream/ Downstream Processes
· Carry out quality spot checks to ensure product produced complies with specification.
· To coordinate any maintenance activities as required.
· Continually develop team, to improve operating culture and operating practices.
· Drive continuous improvement through full involvement of all team members.
· Set and uphold high standards of professionalism, quality, and discipline.
· Provide clear goals and measurable objectives at collective and individual levels
· Ensure effective monitoring, performance management, and follow-up.
· Ensure effective communication of goals, objectives, and other essential information.
· Provide team members with continuous constructive feedback
· Motivate and develop team spirit and identity.
· Demonstrate the required behaviors via personal example.
· Deploy accountability and ownership for operating performance to team
· Foster team-work through personal coaching, mentoring and facilitation.
· Address discipline and behavioral problems in a timely, consistent, professional manner.
· Work to strengthen internal customer - supplier ethos.
· Develop a total quality and right-first-time operating culture.
· Ensure that all operational team members have clear objectives and measurable goals
· Ensure that all operations have clearly defined and displayed operating instructions.
· Maintain effective and timely closed-loop performance monitoring
· Ensure processes are correctly documented and maintained in to ISO standards.
· Ensure that all products meet the company and customer quality standards
· Stop production if there is a need to do this to allow a quality problem to be corrected.
· Carry out investigation into causes of non-conformance along with other team members.
· Ensure agreed corrective actions are implemented.
· To ensure that all products meet the company and customer quality standards and that the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 are met and adhered to.
· Participate in internal audits as required
· To observe company procedures, instructions and rules, and ensure that all personnel and visitors to the Companies sites observe the same.
· Continuously strive to improve overall operational performance.
· Progressively introduce improvement concepts such as LEAN and 5S.
· Encourage and facilitate team-based improvement activities.
· Formalise improvement activities to highlight actions, ownership, and desired results.
· Recognise and reward success and achievement.
· Make improvement a part of daily work
· Implement Lean-Manufacturing strategy.
· Lead and participate in Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) activities.
· Lead and implement department 5S and housekeeping policy.
· Monitor and analyse key performance measures, and pro-actively improve results.
· To train and develop team members, and implement training plans.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
· Must have leadership, coaching, or supervisory experience.
· Must have demonstrated ability to effectively react to a variety of problems in quick time.
· Must have demonstrated ability to anticipate and resolve problems quickly
· Must have the ability to work on one’s own initiative to achieve objectives
· Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
· Must be confident in challenging existing practices and identifying continuous improvement
· Must be flexible enough to respond positively to changing work demands
· Takes decisive action to address and react to opportunities and problems in day to day work
· Is conscientious, professional and thorough in all aspects of work responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
Significant experience in manufacturing, acquired as a Production Specialist, Supervisor, Engineering Technician, or similar position is required. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
Typically requires travel less than 5% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Manufacturing environment and office environment. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is generally required: Safety Shoes and, Hearing Protection.
· To ensure your training records are clear and kept updated at all times.
· Work with other people in a polite, friendly and professional manner at all times
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SERVICE FOR THE POST OF:
SHIFT TEAM LEADER
General Conditions of Service:
This appointment is subject to the terms and conditions detailed in the Employment handbook.
Tenure of Appointment:
The basic annual leave entitlement for this post is 33 days per annum, which includes statutory holidays. Holiday periods are given in the Team member Handbook.
The post holder is required to give a minimum of 3 months’ notice of his/her intention to resign.
No Smoking Policy:
A No Smoking Policy is in operation within the Company restricting smoking to certain areas. Failure to adhere to this is regarded as an example of Gross Misconduct and could result in your summary dismissal.
The above list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive, but merely serve as an indication of the duties you will be asked and expected to undertake. At all times, you are expected to work as part of Production team and comply with all reasonable requests relating to your work area.
Apply Now Download Job Description